Marc is a piano tuner and technician at the Piano Shop Bath where he does everything from tuning at private homes, tuning pianos for concerts, and restoring and rebuilding pianos. Marc trained at Newark Piano School and graduated top of his class, winning the Fletcher and Newman Award for outstanding contribution to musical instrument craft. When Marc isn’t tuning pianos he is a highly skilled drummer and has played for numerous successful bands since he was a teenager. Marc once lived on a narrowboat named ‘The Waltz’, but now lives in Frome with his wife and two children, Polly and Dax.
1. What is your name and where do you live?
Marc Hackworthy from Frome, Somerset
2. What is your favourite soulventure?
Hiking in a beautiful place.
3. What’s something that no-one would guess about you?
I have an identical twin brother.
4. What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
My own swimming pool.
5. If you could be doing anything, anywhere, right now, what and where would it be?
Headlining Glastonbury Festival.
6. Of what are you most proud?
Tuning pianos at WOMAD festival.
7. Who do you most admire and why?
I admire anyone who has the determination to follow their dreams.
The night I met my wife-to-be.
9. What is a new skill you’d like to learn (and why?)
I’d love to learn how to restore vintage jukeboxes. I have one and it’s always breaking down!
10. Woods, mountain, city or sea?
All in equal measures. That’s as tricky as being asked to choose your favourite child. I love the variety of different scenery.
11. If you could say one thing to lots of people, what would it be?
“Hellooooo Glastonbury!” Other than that, it would be: don’t be afraid to change career late in life.
12. What makes you happy?
Being with friends and family.
13. What is your guiltiest pleasure?