Interesting People Answering Interesting Questions
Lauren Booth has presented radio and TV series for among others; BBC Radio London, British Muslim TV, Press TV and the Islam Channel. She publishes articles across a wide platform and continues to tour internationally as a public speaker. Her talks focus on human rights, Islamophobia in the media, Palestinian justice and her own conversion to Islam. Her book, Finding Peace in the Holy Land publishes on 13th September by Kube Publishing.
1) What is your name and where do you live?
I’m Lauren and I live on the outskirts of Sheffield
2) What is your favourite soul venture?
Brewing up over a fire in the Australian Outback at 21 with not a care in the world
3) What’s something that no-one would guess about you?
I know my reggae
4) What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
The ability to speak more languages
5) If you could be doing anything, anywhere, right now, what would it be?
Cycling along The Pearl in Qatar
6) Of what are you most proud?
Being a part of the Freegaza Movement in 2008 (read ‘Freedom Sailors’)
7) Who do you most admire and why?
Malia Bouattia – she stands for truth
8) Best kiss of your life?
My mum when she forgave me
9) What is a new skill you’d like to learn (and why?)
Being mountain bike fit. Because I only cycle flat terrain- no use in the Peak District
10) Woods, mountain, city or sea?
A mountain covered in woods with a sea view
11) If you could say one thing to lots of people, what would it be?
There’s only One God
12) What makes you happy?
13) What is your guiltiest pleasure?
Binge watching costume dramas